Right now we are working madly in the background to have everything ready for what will be a transformative event for teachers and students.
Please note the conference is NOT FULL yet so we encourage everyone to share details with colleagues in other schools via this email, and via our website and the YIS website for this event.
Registration and Payment details
If you have not done so already, we ask that you now finalize your numbers of teachers and students who want to attend the conference and use the Payment webpage provided to submit payment.
If you have any questions about this, please email our conference administrator, Steve Madsen at email@example.com
Those coming from outside Yokohama or Tokyo will need to book a hotel. Once again, let Steve know if you have any trouble making this booking. I found the Hotel New Grand to be especially efficient at responding and confirming my booking!
Student Summit - We encourage all schools to consider bringing students as well!
Flat Classroom learning is about interacting with and learning from all members of the learning community. You will understand this better through the experiences we have planned for this event, however we would love to see schools encourage student involvement as well.
Having trouble convincing your school community this is a worthwhile trip for a group of students? Having trouble convincing the students themselves? The activities that take place for the Student Summit will satisfy a CAS project, a GIN project and other Community and Service objectives within your school. It will also raise awareness and amongst the students of how to connect and communicate before and after the conference and how to best initiate, design, pitch and present ideas to others with the view of effecting positive change in the world, through the use of cultural understanding and global awareness and through the use of emerging technologies.
We encourage you to review the material on our Student Summit website. Also, Download a brochure you can use to send out to students and families.
Also, we invite you to watch the media from the home page of our website as they share student activities and achievements.
- Flat Classroom Conference Qatar: http://youtu.be/JmMqUJhJgRo
- Flat Classroom Workshop India: http://youtu.be/FEjR7zPKJJc
We ask that you email ME directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) with updates or questions regarding student attendance. It is important I keep track of who is intending to bring students and how many. I hope you will consider this and work towards including students as well!
Expect weekly messages and updates to come from me as we get closer to March and the opening of the conference.
Information coming to you soon includes:
- Student Summit - A full teacher-ready document that details all you need to tell your students to get ready for the conference
- University credit - Those wanting credit there will be a confirmation announcement soon about opportunities through the State University of New York (SUNY) and also the University of Northern Iowa. Please note we are trying hard to get a 3-credit opportunity approved that will link in nicely with those doing the COETAIL course in Asia right now.
- Meet our presenters! - Yes we have top conference presenters and leaders - you will get to know them before we meet face-to-face
Chair, Flat Classroom Conference